Andrea Gosfield focuses on corporate law, commercial real estate, public finance, employment law, and regulatory compliance. Her clients are in the sectors of real estate development, manufacturing, construction and project management, health care, hospitality, media and communications, telecommunications, education, and government. She counsels individuals, private companies, and non-profit organizations.
Below are examples of the legal counsel that Ms. Gosfield provides:
Corporate formation, structure and governance matters.
Drafting and advising on bylaws, operating, partnership and joint venture agreements.
Drafting and negotiating service and subcontractor agreements.
Negotiating, counseling, and drafting letters of intent, master purchase agreements and ancillary agreements.
Providing loan work-out advice, including the drafting of forbearance and loan extension agreements.
Drafting and negotiating promissory and convertible notes, loan and security agreements.
Issuing enforceability opinions for commercial real estate transactions.
Serving as co-bond counsel on public finance transactions.
Drafting and review of employment agreements, actions, personnel management, and policies, with advice on compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
Counseling on DBE regulations, privacy, advertising campaigns, and on-line learning matters.
As a business attorney who has worked in-house for the federal government, Ms. Gosfield provides clients with invaluable knowledge and perspective. As a former attorney for the United States government, Ms. Gosfield enforced federal labor laws on behalf of United States Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor. As Assistant Regional Counsel for the Social Security Administration, she managed regulatory compliance and litigation matters in the areas of privacy, civil rights, employment, disability, and bankruptcy. She prevailed on behalf of the federal government in appellate litigation in the Fourth and Sixth Circuits. As a full-time personnel adviser, Ms. Gosfield counseled federal agency executives and managers on proposed disciplinary actions and reasonable accommodation requests. She also successfully defended the federal government in several Title VII discrimination cases.
Prior to working for the federal government, Ms. Gosfield served for two years as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Chief Judge Petrese B. Tucker of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Gosfield began her legal career as a Corporate Associate at Blank Rome LLP, an Am Law 100 firm with headquarters in Philadelphia. There, she performed complex transactional and regulatory work, which included servicing a private company in a multi-state healthcare acquisition and counseling corporate boards of directors on fiduciary duties.
Before she became an attorney, Ms. Gosfield worked as a business technology consultant for consumer product companies, universities, and financial institutions in New York and California. She has also worked as a professional artist, dancer, and choreographer.
Memberships & Affiliations
· Member, State Bar of Pennsylvania
· Member, State Bar of New Jersey
· Member, State Bar of New York
· United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
· Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
· The Beasley School of Law, Temple University, J.D.
– Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review, Staff Member
· University of California at Los Angeles, M.F.A., Choreography and Performance
· The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, B.S. Economics
· Philly Biz Magazine, Best Lawyers in Business 2016
– Corporate and Transactional Law
· PHL Diversity
– Advisory Board, 2017-Present
· Kúlú Mélé African Dance and Drum Ensemble
– Member, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
· DiverseForce/University of Pennsylvania FELS School of Government
– Cohort Member, 2018-Present
· Forum of Executive Women
– Mentoring Program, 2017
· Lower Merion School District, Merion Elementary School
– Member, Human Relations Committee, 2012-2014
· Rebecca Davis Dance Company
– Member, Board of Directors, 2008-2010
· “Employee Challenge Allowed to Proceed Against Tip Pool Practices” – Author, The Legal Intelligencer, May 2017
· “Uptick in Proposals to Change How Directors Are Nominated” – Author, The Legal Intelligencer, February 2017
· “Digital ADA Compliance: Legal Considerations Faced by Schools” – Presenter, Campus Suite Academy, February 2017
· “School Bells Ring in Brave New World of Digital Compliance” – Co-Author, The Legal Intelligencer, October 2016
· “Hot Topics in Transactions” – Panelist, National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms Annual Meeting & Law Firm Expo – Houston, September 2016
· “Navigating the maze: A roundtable discussion on legal issues” – Panelist, SmartCEO, July 2016
· “Take 5: Before you say Goodbye” – Author, Philly Biz, June 2016
· “NY In-State Office Requirement for Nonresident Lawyers” – Co-Author, The Legal Intelligencer, June 2016
Quotes, Activities, & Writings
· The New York Times – When You Experience Sexual Harassment at Work: Andrea Gosfield, November 10, 2017 Read More
· The Philadelphia Tribune – PHL Diversity appoints roster of new board members: Andrea Gosfield, November 10, 2017 Read More
· The Legal Intelligencer – Employee Challenge Allowed to Proceed Against Tip Pool Practices By Andrea Gosfield, May 12, 2017 Read More
You can contact me at email@example.com.