I maintain a broad-based commercial real estate practice with a focus on leasing, acquisition and development related matters. I’m a practical and creative business-minded attorney with a skill for counseling clients on executing their real estate business plans effectively and efficiently.
I represent clients in a full range of real estate matters, including complex single and multi-property acquisitions and dispositions, retail, real estate secured financing, existing loan refinance and modification, eminent domain, land use approvals and zoning relief.
I have extensive commercial leasing experience, representing national and local clients in retail, commercial office and industrial warehouse lease transactions throughout the United States and counseling clients on lease administration, landlord-tenant disputes, and lease interpretation.
I work extensively with my clients’ senior management teams, along with internal departments throughout the organizational structure, to manage and expand my clients’ real estate holdings. I have had the opportunity to not only negotiate a wide variety of agreements, but to serve as an advisor, partnering with the company’s decision makers.
I have experience executing national, multi-property portfolio acquisitions as well as negotiating single site leases and a variety of commercial agreements. In each case, I believe my value-add has been my ability to mitigate or eliminate my client’s risk while facilitating the transaction and aligning legal and business goals.
Previous representations include:
- Lead real estate outside counsel for 3,500+ store publicly held national retailer, handling retail and distribution center lease negotiations and multi-property acquisitions. Representative transactions include a dozen asset and equity based portfolio acquisitions involving over 1,000 leases, effectively doubling the size of the client’s leasehold portfolio in a 5-year period.
- Represented a national restaurant chain in the negotiation and execution of a sale-leaseback transaction of 20 properties.
- Represented the largest privately held student housing developer in the U.S. in the acquisition and leasing of student housing properties, including the development of a form lease and counseling the client on compliance with local law and enforceability issues.
- Prepared and negotiated a home office lease for a national convenience store operator.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a multi-state portfolio of industrial properties.
- Represented a national private equity fund’s acquisition of a sporting goods retailer with business operations in ten states and a global brand;
- Representation of a private equity fund’s acquisition of an industrial fabrics manufacturer with facilities in three states;
- Representation of a national real estate investment firm in the placement of permanent financing in connection with the adaptive reuse of an office building in Nashville, Tennessee;
- Representation of a developer in the zoning reclassification of an industrial site in anticipation of a proposed two million square foot, mixed-use development in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Representation of a non-profit organization in connection with the creation of housing for low income families in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- William & Mary School of Law. J.D. (2004); William & Mary Law Review, Articles Editor; William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, Staff Member; Benjamin Rush Scholar
- University of Virginia. B.A. (1995); English and Economics
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-416-3933.