I have spent more than a decade advising the real estate industry as an attorney, as a consultant and as a principal on deals.
I focus my practice on representing investors, developers, major corporations and other real estate owners and tenants in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, real estate joint ventures and commercial leasing transactions. I have extensive experience in managing large, multi-site, multi-jurisdiction acquisitions, dispositions and financings, including numerous single site and portfolio sale-leaseback transactions. I have experience with a wide variety of property types, including office, retail, multi-family, restaurant, convenience store and gas station, and industrial.
Having spent time on the business side, I am familiar with clients’ hot-button issues and am able to provide business-focused legal services. As a partner in CoveredBridge Ventures, I spent five years with a client in running a real estate investment and advisory business, managing our investments and providing interdisciplinary consulting and legal services to private equity firms and real estate investors and developers by assisting them in the due diligence and execution of new transactions, as well as providing legal support and project management to investment teams. I also provided transactional project management and closing execution for our own investments, including handling all aspects of our acquisitions, due diligence, and property sales and executing our asset management business plans post-closing.
Prior to joining CoveredBridge Ventures, I worked in the real estate and finance department of Klehr Harrison, a large Philadelphia-based law firm, working for local and national clients on complex deals. While I maintained a broad based commercial real estate practice, a significant portion of my work was focused on the real estate side of private equity M&A transactions.
My representative matters include:
- Represented an investor and developer in the acquisition and financing of a landmark mixed-use office building and concert venue in Philadelphia.
- Executed the portfolio acquisition and sale-leaseback, asset management and subsequent individual disposition of 14 garage and parking lot assets.
- Provided acquisition and asset management support to a Philadelphia-area real estate investment and development firm, including executing the due diligence and acquisition of a multi-state 12-property, 2.3 million square foot portfolio, and of an 885,000 square foot landmark office building in Center City Philadelphia.
- Advised a Philadelphia private equity firm in the holding, preservation and sale of various parcels in an industrial mill complex.
- Provided acquisition and asset management support to a Philadelphia-based developer. Projects included the acquisition of the Divine Lorraine, a landmark building in Philadelphia, via sheriff sale, recapitalization of an apartment building, negotiation of LOIs, agreements of sale and leases, diligence oversight and review, tenant management, and support for RACP and tax credit applications.
- Oversaw the acquisition, asset management and disposition via eminent domain litigation of an asset in Hartford, CT.
- Represented a national private equity firm in its real estate activities related to:
- The acquisition and financing of a 530+ restaurant chain, including the renegotiation of a 100-property lease portfolio with a REIT landlord.
- The acquisition of Friendly Ice Cream Corporation, and the simultaneous sale leaseback of 116 fee and ground-leased restaurants.
- The acquisition of 600 Boston Market locations, and the simultaneous sale leaseback of a portion of the portfolio to a REIT landlord.
- The acquisition of a 73-store barbeque restaurant chain, and the simultaneous sale leaseback of 30+ restaurant locations.
- The acquisition of a controlling interest in The Limited, a national clothing store chain with a 275+ retail lease portfolio.
- The acquisition of a 270-store mid-western supermarket and convenience store chain and the subsequent sale leaseback of a portion of the portfolio.
- The acquisition of convenience store and gas station chains, and the simultaneous or subsequent sale-leaseback of the portfolio’s properties.
- The acquisition of seven manufacturing companies, including the acquisition of more than 30 industrial facilities.
Memberships and affiliations include:
- Member, State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Member, State Bar of New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (JD, 2006)
- Temple University (BA Journalism, 2001)
Contact me at 484-413-2553 or email@example.com.