I concentrate my practice in real estate law, commercial lending, and corporate law, focusing on a broad spectrum of real estate and corporate transactions, including development projects, real estate sales and acquisitions, commercial leasing, secured lending, real estate financing, and related corporate matters. I have represented clients including real estate developers, financial institutions, banks, REIT’s, shopping center owners, franchisees, oil and gas companies, heavy equipment manufacturers, entrepreneurs, and other entities in transactions throughout the United States. Prior to joining the firm, I worked for regional and national law firms in Chicago and Philadelphia, and as managing counsel for a national title underwriter.
Previous representations include:
- Represented a Boston-based, publicly traded REIT containing a national portfolio of over 100 shopping centers in its capacity as owner and manager of properties throughout the Midwest. Services included the negotiation of retail leases, amendments, extensions and terminations.
- Represented a Chicago-based, national jewelry chain with over 300 stores during a review of its active store leases. Services included the restructuring, amendment and termination of dozens of leases for the client’s retail stores during a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented a privately-held Philadelphia-area company as general counsel in the development of a $1,200,000,000 data center and natural gas “co-generation” power plant in Newark, Delaware.
- Represented a group of local businessmen who formed a partnership to purchase a hotel and conference center and adjacent parcel in suburban New Jersey at a short-sale as part of a loan workout with a lender.
- Represented a privately-owned Philadelphia-area auto repair chain in the sale of its corporate assets and the leaseback of its retail store locations to a leading national auto repair company.
- Represented a hard-money lender located in the Philadelphia-area in the negotiation, documentation, and closing of over 30 loans in Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE totaling over $25,000,000.
- Represented an individual developer in the review, purchase at absolute auction, and subsequent management of several city blocks of property purchased from a local electricity provider located just off the Las Vegas strip.
- Represented a regional bank on its $16,500,000 loan to a national auto retailer. Following retailer’s default, negotiated a short-term lease for real property on behalf of receiver and a purchase and sale agreement with a succeeding auto retailer for all personal and real property to be effective upon the completion of the foreclosure proceedings.
- Represented a New York-based global investment bank’s private wealth management group in real estate and asset-based loan transactions.
- Represented a Canadian company in its $35,000,000 investment in the drilling of twelve oil wells in northeastern Utah.
- Represented a Pennsylvania-based manufacturer of hydraulic drilling rigs in the sale of drilling rigs totaling $30,000,000 to a company in Uzbekistan and in the negotiation of a master service agreement with an international parts supplier to handle all aftermarket service and parts distribution.
- Represented a local, non-profit food-distribution business that had recently been awarded a $1,100,000 grant to lease and build out a new distribution warehouse facility in Philadelphia.
- Represented a national transportation and heavy equipment industrial manufacturer in the sale of its Chicago Heights, Illinois manufacturing facility and business to an industry competitor.
Memberships and affiliations include:
- Member, State Bar of Illinois
- Member, Vacant Property Review Board, Abington Township (PA)
- Trustee, Abington Township (PA) Public Library
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D. 2003)
- Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management (M.B.A. 2003)
- Colby College (B.A. 1995)
You can contact me at email@example.com or at 484-413-2551.